It's not just a box of bumblebees; it's a product that offers best value for money. That is the...Read more >
The Natupol bumblebees start pollinating immediately after the hive is opened. Koppert achieves this instant start through:
- An innovative feeding method called Polfeed.
- Special treatment for the bumblebees during packaging.
- Our high-tech hives.
An innovative and labour-efficient feeding method
The Natupol hives contains our latest innovation: Polfeed. This feed is nutritious but less attractive for the bumblebees than pollen. Once the hive is opened, the bumblebees switch directly to the pollen in the crop. Advantages of Polfeed:
- Contains 100% natural ingredients of the highest quality.
- Maintains the high quality of the brood and colony.
- Encourages the bumblebees to start pollinating the crop even when Polfeed is still present.
- Can replaces the Expol system. Same effect, but labour saving for growers.
A special treatment for the bumblebees
Before transport the Natupol hives get a special climate treatment. This treatment stimulates the bumblebees to optimize the insulation around the brood. So they prepare a cotton layer before they enter the greenhouse. Once the hive is opened, the bumblebees are ready to pollinate.
Our high-tech hives
The hive is designed in such a way that the microclimate in the hive is easily maintained. As a result, right after opening the hive the bumblebees can immediately devote all their energy to pollination.